7.18.2005

fun times before departure




It has been a while since my first post, but I thought I should update everybody on my pre-departure activities. Besides all the packing and preparation for my trip, I have been trying, and quite successfully I might add, to have some fun with friends and family these past two weeks.

Two weeks ago (that sure seems like a long time ago), I had a going away party with my sister, who is going to college next year. At the party, we had great weather, food, and of course beer (Redhook Blonde). I had a great time talking with all the guests, although it was a little difficult to eat. Then, the next night I went out to Broad Ripple with my cousin and John Meyer. Although I have grown a little tired of the Broad Ripple scene, it was exciting to hang out with these two (See picture).

And then, this last weekend I went up to Ann Arbor Michigan to see a whole bunch of friends (Tom, Jeanette, Corey, Becky, Jayme, Kaur, and Jen). Friday night we all went out to a local watering hole and had a good time at the pool table, although Becky just about got us kicked out of the bar (Just kidding). Then Saturday night was an amazing time; Becky and Jayme put together this amazing wine tasting party. Not only was the company great, but the party was very informative as well (See picture).

It is late, and this next week ought to be fairly busy, so I must go.

If you are reading this blog, please write comments!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it finally came. You’re actually in Japan now, how exciting! I’ve had a blast hanging out the last few weeks. I can't wait to see pictures and hear fun stories (as I’m sure you’ll have a few).
SSDD, love ya - Natalie

Anonymous said...

Hi, Zach! We heard you had arrived safely and had a good flight. Uncle Craig and I are looking forward to reading your journal and seeing the pictures. Good luck as you are getting settled. Sending our love, Aunt Jenny

Kat Sundstrom said...

It's been about a week and a half since you have left and it sounds like you are having a wonderful time. All three of us have enjoyed seeing pictures of your house and talking to you on the phone. We can not wait until we can come over there a visit you!!
LOVE YA, KAT