2.10.2006

a beautiful morning

















It was a beautiful morning and I had a little time before work, so I ran into my house and got my camera. I got two really cool shots.

The first photo shows a the blue sky with the sun shining over the mountains; this photo was taken about 8 in the monrning and is looking westward.

The second photo was taken at the same time, but is looking eastward. As of now, I am happy with this photo, but not thrilled. I think that I could do a little more. First, I think I need to straighten the photo a little. Second I need to work on the over-exposed highlight in the top right corner.

Well in additon to these two photos, I also was walking back into my house, when I caught a look at my car and the ski rack on top. For some reason I just wanted to take some up close pictures. These are the photos directly from my camera, although now I am doing some digital darkroom editing on them.

slater













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful photos. I must say I've always dreamed of teaching in Japan, but have no idea how to go about it. I'm a high school English teacher witha wife and three boys, and don't know how that would hinder the process.

Zach Sundstrom said...

Well, there are many opportunities to come and teach in Japan. I came through the JET Programme*, which has about 6000 people teaching in Japan. You can find more information at http://www.jetprogramme.org. However, there are many other resources on the web as well. It might be best just to search for "teaching english japan" in google.

*The Jet Programme looks for people who are under 40 years old. No Japanese experience is required. Contracts last for 1 year, but can be renewed for up to three years.